Saturday, June 12, 2010

Because I Care Card



The project today is inspired by the new Hostess Level 1 Stamp Set - Because I Care. I hope to make more cards with this set to inspire you, hostesses of my workshops.

I used the blender pen technique to get that watercolor effect on the flower and leaves. TIP: Press your Ink Pad cover (with lid closed) to touch the ink inside. Then as you open your ink pad, dip your blender pen on inkpad lid that has ink. And you're ready to color!
To make that 3D effect on my hydrangeas, I stamped the image of a piece of the flower and punched it out using my Itty Bitty Shapes punch (#118309= 3-pack punch).



Hydrangeas are one of my favorites and I love having them around the house. At one time, I tried drying them out with long stems on them and see how it would look like. They came out so gorgeous with a touch of countryside feeling. I just had to trim off the leaves. Hydrangeas are huge when bundled together and it makes a great centerpiece in a room. TIP: A big basket is the best holder for these dried hydrangeas.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:
- Daffodil Delight (new renovation color)
- Whisper white #100730
- Elegant Eggplant (retiring - substitute with Concord Crush)
Stamp Set:
- Because I Care (2010-2011 IBC Hostess Level Set 1)#120118-Clear #118384- Wood
Ink:
- Old Olive (ink used for the leaves and stems and sponged on the background)
- Early Espresso (new renovation color) (ink used for "thank you")
- Lovely Lilac (retiring ink used for some of the petals)
- Bashful Blue (ink used for some of the petals)
- Rich Razzleberry (ink used for some of the petals)
- Soft Suede (ink used for the flower stamp)
Punch:
- Itty Bitty Pack #118309
- Eyelet Edge Punch #119853
Other Supplies:
- 5/8" Satin Ribbon - Old Olive #117292

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin