Saturday, March 19, 2011

Altered Notebook and Clipboard



Anytime you need a special gift for a friend, it's always best to have those little notebooks or clipboards at hand. It's so easy to alter as long as you have your DSPs. This time I used the new DSP, Springtime Vintage #121782. It's so sweet and pretty as it looks in the catalogue.

I've also added an antique brad on the notebook just to put a little touch to it. You may also add on a strap so you can sling it on the brad to bind your notebook close :) The stamp I used is the NEW "Four Frames" stamp set #123442 -Clear. I love this set, it'll be used in my upcoming projects.



I've seen alot of tutorial's out there using the Mod Podge technique for sealing your clipboard. I didn't do it this time. I can always use the mod podge finish later.
The green on top of my clipboard was painted with acrylic paint using a foam brush.
They're very inexpensive in a craft store. I used green paint to give a little highlight on the greenery of my DSP which was cut in in 3 parts and reversed in the middle. Adorable.





Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Carla said...

I love this, I am such a paper nut. I love to makes list and notes. Your 3-D items are all awesome. I'll be back soon. Hugs,

Unknown said...

Love this. I have tons of note books to alter. I love the colors you used. I may have to case it with the new stampset and brad.
TFS

Carol said...

Darling book and clipboard....you always do such great work - TFS!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love all of the wonderful projects that you have made since my last visit! You are so creative and I LOVE your 'bunny' owls! :<)

Sending good wishes to your mom and hope she is doing well! I will keep her in my prayers. Wishing you a good week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Jeannie said...

What a perfect little set and I just love birds so this captured my heart right away! Thanks so much for your continued inspiration - I have an award for you on my blog.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Stamping Ideas With Peg said...

Love your blog. I have nominated you for the Stylish Bloggers Award. You can see the details on my blog at
www.stampingwithpeg.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin