Friday, June 17, 2011

Sailing Card- Retirement



Some of you had requested me to make a masculine card. Well, here is something you'll enjoy. Here's a sailboat card that you can use as a Father's Day or a Retirement Card.

What better way to make a sailboat by using a die! Guess which one I used. Yes, the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. #114507. Just cut the upper part of the big half butterfly wings and the upper part of the small half butterly wings then you have your sails :)

This are the other elements of the card:
- Boho Blossom Punch (use the big flower for the sun)
- 1/2" circle punch (use for the sun)
- 2-1/2" circle punch for the sunset background
- antique brads
- scallop edge punch
- Square Lattice textured embossing folder
- Elegant Lines textred embosing folder

Colors used:
- Concord Crush
- Daffodil Delight
- Chocolate Chip Brown
- Peach Parfait
- Pumpkin Pie
- Whisper White

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

4 comments:

Gabby said...

How cool is that? Butterfly wings as sails! I will definitely give this a try! :)

Mary said...

Very clever!! Always looking for cards that can be used for these types of occasions.

Shirley said...

Ok, I know I never post comments but this card is so cute! I just had to let you know. Besides, your blog is by far one of my top 3 I always check! You are so talented and this card proves it! Sorry, I don't comment more I know I should. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

Debbie Naylor said...

Hi Kay! I have passed on the Sweet Blog award to you... please visit my blog today to get more details :-)

Debbie Naylor
http://unfrogettablestamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/06/sweet-blog-award.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin